About Thomas Davis Youth Leadership Academy
The Thomas Davis Youth Leadership Academy (TDYLA) is committed to providing leadership development and training to a group of motivated MIDDLE SCHOOL students.
Interested nominees should:
- Be students enrolled in middle school
- Demonstrate their leadership potential for community trusteeship
- Exhibit interest in community service
- Commit to FULL PARTICIPATION AND ATTENDANCE in all Thomas Davis YLA programs
- (80% attendance is required to continue participation and graduate)
- Maintain satisfactory academic, attendance and citizenship records
2022 -2023 Program Schedule
Due to a limited number of positions in the academy, a commitment to the program and full attendance at each activity is expected. If you cannot make a full commitment to the program, please do not apply.
The program’s goal is to support or build an educational foundation for the student and to help each participant realize and/or maximize their full potential. The hope is that TDYLA will produce leaders and role models who will lead projects that will help in the improvement of their neighborhoods and communities.